Tuesday, September 27, 2005

First Post

There's something exciting about having your first post to one of these things. At the same time, it simply means you're joining the ranks of tens of thousands of other morons out there who feel like the thoughts coming out of their head are useful enough to publish for the world to see. Well, I guess here's one more(on).

Sure, there are people who say that they're only doing it to keep their thoughts organized, and they like having a daily journal for their own personal therapy.. but let's be honest- if that was the case, you would be writing into the void of a Word document, carefully backing it up on CD-Rs each month. You want everyone to see it, otherwise you wouldn't have signed up.Of course, your blog won't be popular unless you break out of the mold.

Here are the basic categories I see everyone else's online life fitting into:
  • Oh man, I'm so bored right now, but my life isn't so mundane that it can't be shared.
  • I should totally be doing something else, but I need my blog fix. Also, I enjoy procrastinating.
  • Britney/Todd is such a mean/hot person. SSH, don't tell.
  • My reviews on music/movies/books are the best. I'm better than [popular critic].
Of course, there are more, but I think this covers the majority of them out there. My plans right now are to occasionally dabble in each/none of these, but as a general rule, I would like to avoid them. I mean, seriously, who wants to read about these things? Oh - right, see categories 1-4.

There it all is. Hello, world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home